Three to four times a year, Mercury goes into retrograde. This event lasts three weeks, and includes a shadow period before and after. The shadow period is when you feel the effects, but not as intensely. You might have heard about this, but aren’t sure what it all means. The planets, moon and sun activity has a big impact on the energy on Earth. It truly does effect how we feel physically, emotionally and mentally.
During Mercury Retrograde, the biggest magnet in the solar system, passes between the Earth and the sun. Because Mercury is mostly made of iron, this close pass to our planet, really has a big impact here. How so? For one thing, electronic devices, such as computer and phones act weird. Because our energy fields and nervous systems are rooted in electricity and magnetism, our minds get wonky. We tend to lose things, feel scattered and perceive problems to be worse than they are.
In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel and technology. All three areas go haywire for the three weeks.
Mercury Retrograde is one of the few phenomenon that effects everyone
in a fairly uniform way but it is nothing to fear. Once you begin to pay attention to how events in your life can be impacted during this time, you can be empowered to harness this energy to your advantage. In this week’s Energy Healing Toolkit, I share with you best practices for Mercury Retrograde. In private sessions, we delve deeper into your energy, goals and needs.
Energy Healing Toolkit
Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide
*Think of doing things during the REtrograde with the RE prefix: Renew, Release, Revisit, Reconsider, Redecorate, Restart, Reschedule
- Communicate by speaking clearly in person or over the phone. Email and text can get misinterpreted easily.
- Confirm all plans, travel, appointments and meetings.
- Plan ahead when you are going somewhere! Leave early for travel as flights tend to be delayed.
- Review documents and contracts thoroughly. Some people recommend not signing anything during the retrograde time as it will need to be revisited.
- Be patient with phones and computers! Back up all important information.
- Re-evaluate relationships in your life! Should this person be in your life? Do you need to re-define your current role? This time of reflection can help you get in tune with your needs.
- Plan reunions with old friends. Retrograde is also the time where you hear from or run into people from your past! *Renew your commitments instead of starting new ones. Restart those unfinished projects.
The most important thing about Mercury Retrograde is to not fear it! Be optimistic.
View it as a time to handle unfinished business. Most people start a million things and never finish them. Think of it is a time to tie up all of the loose ends to get a fresh start. If you plan ahead, ground your energy and double check everything, you can harness this energy to make great gains!
Would you like to further explore your chakras and help clear the way home? Click here to schedule a consultation or here to check out my selection of courses.